Laurie B Jones MD, IBCLC - Founder
Kristina M Lehman MD, IBCLC - Executive Director
Josdalyne Anderson, MD, IBCLC
Amy Guzek, MD, IBCLC
Kyle Widmer Cash, MD
Rebecca Rudesill, MD, IBCLC
Erin Appleton MD, IBCLC
We are open to allopathic and osteopathic medical students, residents, and those in practice with a license that can be verified. For privacy purposes we do not allow cis-gendered men to join. If your NPI labels you as male, please email to clarify your desire to enter. Your Facebook account must be personal and not shared with a partner/friend. Names that indicate a shared account (DickandJane) will also not be allowed for privacy purposes.
Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics provides standards to guide the actions and decisions of participants in Dr MILK (Doctor Mothers Interested in Lactation Knowledge)
Doctor M.others I.nterested in L.actation K.nowledge (Dr. MILK) provides evidence-based support and education for physician women to reach their breastfeeding goals and apply that knowledge to their medical practice.
World Health Organization International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes.
Dr MILK supports the World Health Organization International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes as a minimum standard to "ensure that mothers and caregivers are able to make fully-informed choices of how best to feed their infants, free of commercial interest" WHO The International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes, Frequently Asked Questions, 2008, p.4
Participants in Dr MILK will communicate in a manner that demonstrates honesty, fairness, responsibility, personal integrity, and respect for self and others. Respectful and ethical communication is fundamental for decision making, for developing relationships, and for enhancing human worth and dignity.
Representatives of Dr MILK shall properly acknowledge intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights (which apply to written material, photographs, slides, illustrations, etc.), trademarks, service marks, and patents.
Dr MILK welcomes diversity and aims to provide an environment free from discrimination. Discrimination, in any form, by individuals representing Dr MILK, on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, religion, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity is prohibited.
Violations of the Code of Ethics may lead to a review by the administrators of Dr MILK and may result in removal from the group.
Standards of Practice for Dr MILK administrators.
In addition to the Standards listed above, the administrators of Dr MILK shall act in a manner that safeguards the interests of each mother, justifies public trust in her competence, and enhances the reputation of the Dr MILK support group. When representing Dr MILK, each admin shall:
• Provide information about breastfeeding and related topics with objectivity, and with respect for the unique needs and values of individuals. Provide sufficient information to enable mothers to make informed decisions. Facilitate respectful and non-judgmental communication in one-on-one and group interactions.
• Share information within her own scope of practice.
• Reach out to other administrators if help is needed with providing advice or personally to fulfill all of her commitments.
• Honor her commitment to helping mothers and enhancing the reputation of Dr MILK.
• Maintain confidentiality of mothers' information.
• Take responsibility and accept accountability for personal competence.
• Disclose any financial or other conflicts of interest in relevant organizations providing goods or services. Ensure that judgment is not influenced by any commercial considerations.
• Conduct herself with honesty, integrity, and fairness.